Company directors have the option to either write the test themselves or appoint an external technical manager to do it.
NHBRC REGISTRATION SERVICES.
- Did you know that the hardest part about obtaining the NHBRC certificate is the writing & passing of the Nhbrc's technical assessment exam by a technical manager?
- And did you know that we supply you with a fully trained technical manager to represent your company with the Nhbrc registration process?
- We facilitate 100% of the entire process from the initial application stage, to the collection of the certificate from the Nhbrc's offices.
- And to give you a complete peace of mind, we only charge you once your certificate has been hand delivered to you.
NHBRC REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS?
- A technical manager appointment letter (We shall assist you with this)
- Ck/Cm Company Registration Documents
- ID Copies
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Share Certificate (Applicable to PTY's only, we can also assist in creating one for you)
- Proof of director's address
- Bank Stamped Confirmation Letter
THE NHBRC TECHNICAL ASSESSMENT TEST
How difficult is this nhbrc technical assessment test?
I wouldn’t say that the test is easy as it requires someone with an intimate knowledge of the National Home Builders Registration Council’s specific home building rules & regulations.
If you want to see the type of questions that the NHBRC examines, please click here to be redirected to an example of 4 questions from our redacted technical manager training materials.
how much does it cost to register with the nhbrc?
In total, it will cost you R 1,271.93 broken into a non refundable NHBRC application fee of R 745.61 as well as an annual fee of R 526.32, should your registration be successful.
On our side, we only charge R 3, 450 for the full facilitation fee which includes the supply of a technical manager to write the NHBRC test on behalf of your company.
So, What does the NHBRC cover?
The NHBRC covers the housing consumer, protection against
- Major structural defects for a period of 5 years.
- Roof leaks & Waterproofing for a period of 1 year.
- Deviations from proposed housing plans for a period of 3 months.
- Builder’s registered with the council can also benefit from the Nhbrc tenders which can be accessed by clicking here.
nhbrc project enrolment
A home builder can only apply for a home enrollment only once they have received a valid Nhbrc Certificate .
Builders are required to apply and enroll their homes at least 15 days prior to the commencement of the home building project.
Another very useful tip is to dig the strip foundation trench before enrolling and inspections commence by the NHBRC. However, do not commence further before enrollment.
For more information about the home enrollment process, please click here.
How long does it take to get the Nhbrc certificate?
It takes about 7 to 14 working days dependent on how ready you are with your application documents.
Is it compulsory to register with the nhbrc?
Yes it is. In fact, in terms of the housing consumer’s protection measures act 95 of 1998, no one can commence building nor receive payment for a home building project without a valid NHBRC registration certificate.
The only exemption to the rule is for the home owner who is building a home for his or her own habitat.
In other words, no home building project may commence without a proper valid NHBRC registration certificate.
OUR NHBRC REGISTRATION FACILITATION SERVICES?
Our facilitation services are designed to take the confusion out of the NHBRC registration process.
We shall visit the Nhbrc offices for you.
Appoint a fully trained technical manager to write the test on behalf of your company.
In addition to this, we shall also collect the certificate from the NHBRC’s offices all at a cost of R 3,450.
To commence with your NHBRC registration, please fill in our online application form and we shall get back to you with a way forward.
Alternatively, you can also chat to us via whatsapp by clicking the green whatsapp button placed here on the left hand side for an immediate response (24 hours).